Social Media 2.0 & ID2.0

"2.0" seems to has become an indispensable element in this era. Social media 2.0 blew our mind, changed our lives, and broaden the learning methods. Now, instructional design 2.0 (ID2.0) may have changed our working routine or must-have skills quietly.

ID 2.0 is the concept established beyond the social media 2.0, it more related to the social learning. Why should we need to pay some attentions to the ID 2.0 and social learning? Because, today, social learning has become an indispensable part of our daily life.  Social learning is all around us every day, from Facebook message conversations to ask your classmates for an opinion. 

Social media 2.0 era provides us a lot of tools which allowed us to engage with learners, provide opportunities, and working in learning space in ways we never could before. It enables social learning to happen on a large scale. 

In the past three weeks, I have been played with a lot of tools. I use Google+ to participate in a social-media-based conversation with my teammates, the tool provides real-time access to expertise. Through TouTube, instructor's videos could provide a virtual field trip and reach out to the world. Through Google Drive, I can work with my teammate together on a project. And, of course, I can get real-time updates go directly through microblog streams. These tools provide the opportunities to broaden the reach of the institutional design are now limitless.

This week, I set up my class on Edmodo, but hardly anyone joined it so far. As a future instructional designer, I realized those situations may happen a lot. Our learners may ignore the group invitation that we created for the informal learning on the Facebook, or they may be joined the group but never participate the events. 

I guess one of the keys to the door of successful instructional design in social learning is to activate learner's motivations. Just like me, If I want to make a very traditional and authentic Chinese dish, I will try my best to find the best tutorial I thought in the YouTube. 

What do you think? Please leave your thoughts and comments below!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July, Nationalism and Social Media

Protect your Personal Property is important in Web 2.0 era!

Begin “Blog Story”